The last two weeks have been hard emotionally. My beloved (13 year old) dog Boggles has been ill off and on the past few months. This was my first dog companion and he was very special. Two weeks ago, with heavy heart, I made the decision and was with him at the end. I miss him greatly.
Then yesterday there was a layoff of many of my co-workers. Several are over age 50 and will probably find it even more difficult to find jobs, especially in the technology field. Went home shell-shocked.
A friend emailed me to say:
"...as someone who has been asked to leave, and as someone who has stayed. Both ways, I went through a grieving process, with all the same feelings and stages of grief. Anger, denial, depression, etc."
Needless to say my emotions are still very close to the surface. This is unusual for me since I am generally more reserved and logical in my outlook.
Grief takes many forms as I am discovering. Keep well and take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment