Sunday, July 1, 2012

embarrassed - a knitter's story

After seeing the Zapatitos Kimono baby slipper pattern* on Ravelry I went to a drawer where some bright baby yarn is stored. In the drawer was a lovely pink that I thought would go nicely with another yarn. One skein of the pink was in a small baggie. Picking it up to see how much yarn was in the bag I noticed .....  a distinctive magenta Knit Picks cable.

Oh my goodness - there is a sock on that needle wrapped around the yarn!!!! 

The cuff is in the Baby Fern pattern (a favorite),
the heel has been turned, 
the gusset completed 
and an good inch of the foot.
My goodness this will take very little time to finish and
YES, there is the matching skein of Panda Silk yarn.

How long has that unfinished sock be waiting in the drawer for me to finish?  
Probably about 2 years.


NOTES
* The free pattern is available (in Spanish) on the designer's website at http://www.tejiendoperu.com/dos-agujas/zapatitos-kimono/
zapatitos kimono - kimono baby shoes or booties tutorial

No comments: