

After a long, gray winter we have been enjoying a lovely spring. The temperatures warmed up in time for the NCAA Final Four basketball championship games. I'm not a sport fan but this was a special series this year and the crowd in Indianapolis was very nice and great guests.
I visited the gardens at the Indianapolis Museum of Arts. Here are just some of the pictures. The daffodils on the hillside under the trees, the yellow forsythia blooming brightly behind the numbers sculpture, and of course the LOVE sculpture. But the photos I didn't take were even more delightful scenes of families picnicking and playing games on the green lawns.
A couple weeks later it was time for the annual Fiber Festival in Putnam County. This large annual event is the first big show in central Indiana. Great if you are a knitter, spinner, dyer, or weaver.
One of the regular booths is Cascade Sheep and Wool. The amazing collection of fleeces are almost enough to make this non-spinner want to take home a couple fleeces. Talking to them is a delight and a great way to learn about the various fibers.
Luckily it was much later when I saw the electric spinner. That was almost enough to tempt me into trying my hand at spinning. I slowly walked away. However a friend did go back and buy one of the spinner machines, but she is an accomplished dyer and spinner so for her this is probably more about speed. We plan to have her demo it at our next group meeting.
It is very difficult for me to pass an alpaca booth without stopping to look and usually buy. Can you see the temptation? Yes, I bought some alpaca sock yarn.
Finally, I couldn't resist taking some photos closer to home of the beautiful blooms.
Enjoy!








No comments:
Post a Comment