Yes, it is nice to see the lovely evening gowns and the guys also look good in their tuxedos. I like the humor, the ad libs, and the unexpected speeches. The In Memorium always brings tears to my eyes even though I have never met any of the people featured.
This year I was surprised by several things. Not only had I not seen any of the major nominated films, I found that based on the clips shown I wanted to see almost all of the Best Picture Nominated Films and several of the other films mentioned (see list below in alphabetical order). The only one not on my list is War Horse and only because I would find the story to be too sad.
- A Better Life
- Albert Nobbs
- Beginners
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
- Hugo
- Midnight in Paris
- Moneyball
- My Week with Marilyn
- The Artist
- The Descendants
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- The Help
- The Ides of March
- The Iron Lady
- The Tree of Life
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Another interesting note were the commercials shown during the broadcast. I especially liked the Diet Coke commercial recognizing the work of those behind the camera (the electricians, camera operators, seamstresses, stunt people, etc.). The Muppets were fun to watch in the Google+ commercial too.
So you might be a sports fan but I prefer the movies (and the books they were often from).
2 comments:
I heartily recommend Midnight In Paris. The only other I have seen so far is 'Ides Of March' but it was not for me as I'm not into US politics.
The Beginners is a beautiful film and as well as a moving story and great cast..the dog is a star.
The Help is funny and touching..we both really enjoyed it recently.
Post a Comment