Friday, May 8, 2009

New addition

My Toyota Corolla still runs great but it is 10 years old and I thought I should probably start looking for a replacement. So I have been casually car shopping the past few months thinking that I might buy a new car this year or next year. Nothing really caught my attention until ....

You guessed it - I found one that meets my criteria:

  • a little bigger, but not too big (I like small cars)
  • good gas mileage (but sadly not as good as my awesome Corolla - avg. 30mpg)
  • relatively inexpensive (I'm frugal - and I am sticking by that)
  • not too conventional (okay, I didn't want a grandma car)

So what did I get? The 2010 Kia Soul. It has hands-free bluetooth (phone), iPod or USB capable, sun roof, etc. Geek tech = fun. My new car is a soft cream/light sand color called Dune.

With the economy concerns I have been a bit nervous about the plunge into a big new purchase but I am expressing some faith that we will all get thru this.

P.S. I confess that I am feeling the urge for a road trip now.

No comments: