Saturday, September 5, 2009

Peaches and Late Summer Days

There is something about a good fresh peach that wants to be eaten unadorned. Even a simple glass of water dilutes the purity of its taste and texture.

Last week I week to my favorite orchard (Appleworks) and they had fresh peaches and I remembered the quality of last year's batch. So I went home with a container of 6 or so small peaches. One by one over the week I have enjoyed one for dessert and once in place of a meal. Delicious.

It may be worth another trip to the orchard for more. Since the weather has been so nice the hour long drive would be a pleasure. I can even take the dog since they are a pet-friendly market. They have built several areas to encourage visitors to stroll around. It is even family friends with a small petting zoo of barnyard animals, a short hiking trail, and an activity barn. There is a pond with a gazebo and a larger shelter where they occasionally invite local musicians to play with room to spare if you want to dance. A lovely peaceful place where they sell fresh produce and locally made specialties - yum.


No comments: