It is a lovely autumn day. The sun is shining and it is comfortable outside - good for a light jacket or wearing a favorite sweater. While out today I noticed the leaves. One neighbor's yard is pristine green with no leaves in sight. My nearest neighbor's small yard is covered in leaves. Their trees were the last to drop their leaves. The picture is their tree in full autumn color. The tree in my yard was the first to lose its' leaves and they have had ample time to blow away. So what remains is a green yard with a scattering of leaves like amber gems. Very appealing, at least to me.
More recently when I notice distinctive colors (like the autumn leaves) I think of knitting. If you think knitting is a solo occupation (and it can be) you might want to look at a video podcast by Lets Knit2gether (available on iTunes). On a recent trip to Alaska, the podcaster (her name is Cat) visited the Fairbanks knit group and it a great video example of how and why knitters get together. Also an interesting look at Alaska and Qiviut yarn. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment